Impact of Armenia's Exclusion From Regional Energy Projects


Taking into consideration the importance of energy projects in economic, political and security spheres in this article, by showing Armenia as a main example, ...

Alekberova Fatma


Taking into consideration the importance of energy projects in economic, political and security spheres in this article, by showing Armenia as a main example, I am going to try to find answer the questions about what happens if a country doesn’t use its geographical potential and chance of being a partner to the regional projects with bounder states because of its false foreign policies.

Which energy projects do we mean?

If we look at energy demands and supplies in world market there is need for Caspian energy resources as previously the only way to reach European consumers was through the Russian pipelines but nowadays there are Baku – Tbilisi – Ceyhan (BTC) oil pipeline transports crude oil from the Caspian Sea to the Turkish coast of the Mediterranean from where it gets access to European markets and Baku – Tbilisi – Erzurum (South Caucasus Pipeline ), Gas Pipeline to transport gas produced in the Shah Deniz field to Georgia and Turkey, also Baku-Novorossiysk, Baku-Supsa, oil pipelines, Baku-Astara gas pipelines. Ministry of Industry and Energy handles exports as well as exploration and production agreements with foreign companies. The State Oil Company of Azerbaijan (SOCAR) produces less than 20 percent of Azerbaijan's total output, with the remaining 80 % being produced by the BP-operated Azerbaijan International Operating Company and other companies such as Chevron, Statoil, Turkiye Petrolleri, Total, LUKoil, SOCAR, OIEC of Iran directly investing in the development of construction of pipelines.

This content is protected by Copyright under the Trademark Certificate. It may be partially quoted, provided that the source is cited, its link is given and the name and title of the editor/author (if any) is mentioned exactly the same. When these conditions are fulfilled, there is no need for additional permission. However, if the content is to be used entirely, it is absolutely necessary to obtain written permission from TASAM.


Continents ( 5 Fields )
 Contents ( 471 ) Actiivities ( 219 )
TASAM Africa 0 149
TASAM Asia 0 236
TASAM Europe 0 43
TASAM Latin America & Carribea... 0 34
TASAM North America 0 9
Regions ( 4 Fields )
 Contents ( 177 ) Actiivities ( 54 )
TASAM Balkans 0 93
TASAM Middle East 0 61
TASAM Black Sea and Caucasus 0 16
TASAM Mediterranean 0 7
Identity Fields ( 2 Fields )
 Contents ( 176 ) Actiivities ( 75 )
TASAM Islamic World 0 147
TASAM Turkic World 0 29
TASAM Türkiye ( 1 Fields )
 Contents ( 223 ) Actiivities ( 59 )
TASAM Türkiye 0 223

Historically, quality and numerical superiority have been vital, enabling modern armies to gain superiority on the battlefield. Rapid military-technological change in Artificial Intelligence-AI and robotic weapon systems due to the political and economic developments that led to the Second World War...;

For over two decades, the African union has been functioning with the main agenda to promote unity, peace, and prosperity for all its members. However, since its inception, the AU has been swamped with challenges raging from the rampant insecurity and political turmoil bedevilling the continent. ;

Border security ensures sustainable development of a state. Pakistan has the longest border with Afghanistan known as “Durand Line.“ The borderland is rugged, mountainous and porous unable to control the transition of people across the frontier. Both countries are having a history of strained relati...;

NATO’s ability to accord and shape security environment can be considered in four folds of which all are mutually integrated: Alliance’s solidarity, coherent common vision, consolidated security architecture and the capacity for rational prioritisation, and effective operational conduct. ;

Ladies and gentlemen it is nice to see you. Unfortunately, Covid 19 prevents us from getting together in real. Fortunately, we have the high communications technology at our disposal to continue to do business as usual.;

Istanbul Security Conference, which took place for the first time in Turkey in 2015, was held by TASAM’s National Defence and Security Institute on 05-06 November 2020, under the main theme “Security Institutions of the Future and Strategic Transformation After Covid-19; Army, Police, Gendarmerie, I...;

The report has aimed at examining the impact, based on data, of the trade between China and Turkey on the Turkey’s export to and trade with other countries,;

Günümüz dünyasında işin yapılış biçimi büyük bir devrim geçirmektedir. İşgücüne dayalı önceki dönemlerden farklı olarak bu devrim, Robotik Süreç Otomasyonu (RPA) ve Yapay Zekâ (AI) gibi ileri teknolojiler tarafından yönetilmektedir. ;